|The Thin Ice|
|Another Brick In The Wall (Part I)|
|The Happiest Days Of Our Lives|
Song Name: Another Brick In The Wall (Part I)
Artist: Pink Floyd
Run Time: 3:21
Track Number: 3
Written By: Roger Waters
- Part one of the song is very quiet in dynamics, and features a long, subdued guitar solo. The vocals are softer and more gentle in tone than in Parts II & III, although there is a short, sharp rise in dynamic and tone for a brief period towards the end of the lyrical portion.
- No drums are used at all in this song.
- The Thin Ice discussed in the previous song breaks when Pink becomes older and learns of his father's death. Pink is devastated by this and begins to build the wall.
- Pink's mother is seen praying in a church, after the death of her husband overseas. Pink however is, at this point, oblivious of his death, playing with a toy airplane. The song continues with Pink playing in a public park, after his mother leaves him to go shopping. He sees a man who he takes a liking to in the absence of his own father. He gives Pink a lift onto a ride, and Pink feels as if this man is his real father. Pink follows the man's son around, copying him, but doesn't understand why the other boy's father isn't paying attention to him. He grabs the man's hand, but he shoos Pink away, only to have him grab his hand again. The man pushes Pink away again, and dejectedly he sits on a swing.
- This is the first song in the movie to display Pink as a child.
|Credits | Chronology|