Title: A Saucerful of Secrets
Artist: Pink Floyd
Released: June 29, 1968
Total Length: 39:25
Label: Columbia/EMI (UK), Capitol (US)
Track Listing Edit
- Let There Be More Light (5:38)
- Remember A Day (4:33)
- Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun (5:28)
- Corporal Clegg (4:13)
- A Saucerful Of Secrets (Song) (11:52)
- See-Saw (4:36)
- Jugband Blues (3:00)
- Song Rating: 5 / 5
- Overall Rating: 5 / 5
- Best Song: Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
- Roger Waters - vocals on "Let There Be More Light" and "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun", bass guitar
- David Gilmour - vocals on "Corporal Clegg" and "Let There Be More Light", lead guitar on all except "Jugband Blues".
- Richard Wright - piano, organ, mellotron, vibraphone, vocals on "Let There Be More Light", "Remember A Day" and "See-Saw"
- Nick Mason - drums, percussion, vocals on "Corporal Clegg"
- Syd Barrett - guitar and vocals on "Jugband Blues", guitars on "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" and "Remember A Day"
- Norman Smith - drums and backing vocals on "Remember A Day"
- 8 members of the Salvation Army (The International Staff Band) - Ray Bowes (cornet), Terry Camsey (cornet), Mac Carter (trombone), Les Condon (Eb bass), Maurice Cooper (Euphonium), Ian Hankey (trombone), George Whittingham(Bb bass), and 1 other.
- The album was recorded at Abbey Road Studios.
- It reached #9 in the UK charts, and this is the only Pink Floyd album not to chart in the US.
- This is the only non-compilation album on which all five band members appear.
- Due to his declining mental state, this was the last Pink Floyd album Syd Barrett worked on.
- The album artwork is a jumbled mess of pictures, including a planet vortex taken from a Marvel Comic, Dr. Strange from the same comic, and what appears to be St. Patrick in the center.